At a glance
- Daily light cleaning service, change of towels and linen twice a week, bathroom products, pool/garden maintenance
- Daily cleaning & housekeeping, cook services, baby-sitting services available at an extra cost
This unique villa of the 1800’s, extensively restored and tastefully decorated with original antique furniture and original artwork, is now one of the most comfortable holiday homes on the island.
Villa Violet is a wonderfully spacious holiday house on Hydra with plenty of space for up to 8 guests to spread out. Better still, even though it is in town and on a level road (so no dreaded steps to climb), it has wide open views that are far reaching from the main terrace. So you have all the convenience of being close to town but it’s quiet and feels more like the countryside.
The interior has contemporary functionality with all modern amenities but maintains the island’s traditional building style, including marble floors embellished with engravings on the ground floor and veranda and wooden floors on the first floor and high, beamed wooden ceilings.
On the ground floor, three of the bedrooms are off the entrance hall: two rooms are twin bedrooms sharing a shower room and the master bedroom, which has interesting rock features, is at the back of the house and has a double bed and a large en-suite bathroom with bath as well as shower.
The main living space is on the top floor and provides plenty of comfortable seating, a dining table for eight people and patio doors onto the large terrace. The kitchen, which is exceptionally well equipped, also has a door to the terrace making it easier to serve alfresco meals.
A second master bedroom is on the top floor, off the living room, and has a double bed and en-suite shower room.
The main upper floor terrace is the focal point of the house and is a great place to sunbathe, eat breakfast and lunch, enjoy dinner under the stars and to look at the surrounding activities, attractive houses and to watch the sun change the colors as it dips for sunset.
- It is located at the edge of Hydra town, a mere 400 meters from the sea front and within easy walking distance on a gentle cobble stone road without steep steps.
- 7 minutes’ walking time from the port
- 5 minutes’ walking time from all the restaurants, bars, shops of Hydra town